Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Hump Day

Happy Wednesday!

I just wanted to pop in to share a few things that I've been reading this week...

First: The folks at Serious Eats have posted some great stuff this week.  My favorites include the Ramen Quiz, which I sadly failed, an article about gochujang, yet another recipe for shaved asparagus (which is SO hot right now), and The Best Falafel Sandwich in New York, which I will most definitely be trying in the near future.

Also, you must check this out.  It's nuts.  I can hardly believe that all these bloggers are teenagers.  Aren't teenagers supposed to be awkward and inarticulate and consumers of fast food?  Well, let me tell you, these bloggers are anything but.  I've added a few of their blogs to my blog roll.  I'm amazed.

Michael Natkin from Herbivoracious has got me thinking about meal planning -- specifically, for vegetarians.  I've definitely planned meals around a specific type of cuisine in the past, but Michael suggests considering the type of grain you're craving when planning a dinner for herbivores.

Oh, and I can't believe I missed this.  The New York Times covered last Saturday's event.  Luckily, there's another one on June 26.  I'll see you there.

And finally, 10 Pieces of Inspiration for Planning Your Summer Picnics, from the folks over at The Kitchn.  These past few days, Brianna and I have been researching and scouring the internet for all the free summer activities New York City has to offer.  We've come up with a sizable list, and now I'm beginning to daydream about the picnics we'll pack for Movies With A View and the treats we'll be bringing to the concerts at Summerstage.  I can hardly contain my excitement!

Stay tuned for a CSA salad, baked goods, and picnic fare...

2 comments:

  1. I scored a 20% on the ramen quiz! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! :(

    You'd think we would know more about ramen, right? Maybe this means we need to take a trip to Japan....

    ReplyDelete