Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Food for Thought: Best of the Blogs

HAPPY FALL!!!

Today, September 22, is the first day of fall.  I love it.

For today's Food for Thought, a few steps from some of my favorite blogs to get us in to the spirit of the season:

1.  There's nothing like some bourbon to keep you warm as the weather cools down.  Good thing it's National Bourbon Heritage Month!  Slashfood tells you all about it, and provides a recipe for a Maker's Mark Peach Cobbler.  I suggest you make it.

2.  Colder weather means more time indoors, which means more time in the kitchen!  I for one will be following Mark Bittman's lead and cooking my own meals more frequently.

3.  I will start by using up my abundance of gorgeous CSA tomatoes in this recipe for Fresh Tomato Sauce from Three Many Cooks.

4.  I will also be baking more.  Baking banana bread.  Baking this banana bread from Madison at Espresso and Cream.

5.  When I do go out, it will be for some comforting, tummy-warming ramen at Hide-Chan.  Serious Eats will tell you why.

6.  Sara Jenkins is opening up a new pasta place in my neighborhood, according to the Village Voice.  Maybe we can go there, too.


Bourbon, cooking, banana bread, and noodles.  Sounds like a good start to fall, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment