Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Food for Thought: Book Review

Have you ever read the blog Orangette?  No?  Do yourself a favor, dear reader.  Go check it out.

Awesome, right?  Got a big fat blogger crush on Molly Wizenberg?  Me too.

Recently, I picked up her book, A Homemade Life, at the Strand.  It's pretty awesome, too.

Ms. Wizenberg is a wonderful writer, and every story she tells and every recipe she shares just makes me want to get right into the kitchen and start whipping something up.

And I did.  First, I made a blueberry-raspberry pound cake for my cousin's birthday.  I brought it to the bar where she had her party and served it to all her guests.  Then I made banana bread with chocolate chips.  I gave some to my neighbor.  I couldn't stop.  For my coworker's housewarming, I made him the Winning Hearts and Minds cake.  My colleagues and I licked our plates clean.  Literally.

You guys.  You know I don't bake very often.

But you guys.  These recipes are too good to keep to yourself.  So, if you're ever in the mood for sharing something sweet, I suggest you take a leaf out of Ms. Wizenberg's book and get that oven preheating.





Blueberry-Raspberry Pound Cake, which I topped with some homemade chocolate ganache


Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips (I omitted the crystalized ginger because I didn't have any on hand)


Winning Hearts and Minds Cake.  It does what it says it will.  Trust.


Let me know if you want to borrow my copy.

1 comment:

  1. I adore Molly's blog, and trust that this recipe is absolutely spectacular!

    ReplyDelete