Monday, March 1, 2010

Sake, and Soju, and Whiskey! Oh, my!

This weekend, I didn't have any time to cook.  My cousins from California visited and we had some tasty adventures in New York City.  They are food-obsessed, like yours truly and the rest of our family, so naturally we dedicated the weekend to eating and drinking.  On Saturday, we went to Congee Village for brunch, WineBar for a midday bottle of wine, Sake Bar Hagi for dinner and sake, Terroir for a bottle of Riesling, 2A for drinks, and Two Boots to finish it all off.  Then, on Sunday, we went to Grape and Grain for brunch, Arirang for dinner and soju, and Whiskey Blue for a nightcap.  Needless to say, I was exhausted at work today and will be taking the next few nights off.  But, oh MAN, was it worth it!

Brunch at Grape and Grain

The Arturo, and Lychee Bellini

Dinner at Arirang. Don't know what this was called. We just pointed to the table next to us. Basically a hot-pot like spicy soup with handmade noodles, beef, octopus, and vegetables.

Homemade chicken noodle soup and chicken and dumpling soup at Arirang

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat, it's Gino! I love Sake Bar Hagi. Their food is amazing and their prices are ridiculously cheap. I've been there about 5 or 6 times.

    Keep up the good work on your blog.

    All the best,
    Gino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gino!
    This was my first time going to Sake Bar Hagi, and I am now obsessed with yakitori. I will definitely be going back there!

    Thanks for reading, and I hope all is well!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete